- Burpees - advantages
- Burpees - how to perform?
- Burpees - what should you pay attention to when performing?
- Burpees - training plans
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Burpee is considered to be one of the most exhausting and most effective fitness exercises. It engages all muscle groups to work and raises the heart rate to a level that allows you to burn fat quickly. Check out how to properly do burpees and see the training plan for beginners and advanced.
Burpeeis an exercise that combines the advantages of strength and aerobic training. It was invented in the 1930s by an American physiologist, Royal H. Burpee, as a simple tool for assessing physical condition. Soon burpees became part of the US Army's fitness tests. To this day, this exercise is considered to be the basic measure of agility, coordination and strength, and besides, it is an excellent supplement to general development training.
Burpees - advantages
The biggest advantage of burpees is that they are very effective, yet simple to do technically. One sequence consists of 4 exercises performed continuously, one after the other: squat, plank, push-up and jump. In practice, making all the movements a dozen or several dozen times in a row is a solid impression for the body. No wonder fitness enthusiasts talk about burpees once as the best exercise in the world and other times as torture. One thing is for sure - there is no such torture that gives the body as much benefit as burpees.
The most important advantages of burpees:
- anyone can do them anywhere and at any time;
- strengthen each muscle group without the need to use additional equipment - they increase the heart rate, making them an excellent cardio training to help you lose weight;
- are not technically complicated - the sequence of movements is simple to learn;
- thanks to the fact that muscles have to work in many planes in a short time, they improve motor coordination and agility;
- activates the whole body to work and is more effective than monotonous exercises performed repeatedly and the same time (it has been proven that it is better to do burpees for 10 minutes than 20 squats, 20 push-ups, jumps, etc.).
Burpees - how to perform?
- Stand straight.
- Squat, then touch the floor with your hands (watch out! Do not crouch! Feet should be firmly against the floor).the ground - it requires a bit of stretching, so if you have trouble with this, work on flexibility by stretching regularly)
- Jump and stretch both legs backwards to the plank position.
- Do a push-up by bringing your chest to the floor (remember to keep your back straight!).
- Jump back into the squat position.
- Get up.
- Even before you straighten up completely, jump up and raise your arms above your head.
If you are a beginner and the basic burpee variant is too difficult for you, you can make your task easier by giving up the push-up (simply return to the squat position after planking).Important
Burpees - what should you pay attention to when performing?
- keep going - even the shortest pause between sequences makes it much harder to resume the effort;
- take your time - most people start too fast and then run out of strength. Better to do burpees at a moderate but steady pace, without sudden jerks making you breathless;
- breathe - regular breathing allows you to get into the rhythm and do more repetitions;
- keep your technique right - keep your spine straight while planking; lower your body evenly during push-up instead of lowering just your stomach and hips.
Burpees - training plans
There are many ways to use burpees. For example, they can be treated as a separate general development training. Then we start with a 10-15 minute warm-up, and then decide how many minutes we will exercise for. Below you will find several variants of burpees training depending on your fitness level.
Beginner : 4 sets of 2 minutes, with 1 minute rest between each series.
Intermediate:6 sets of 2 minutes with 1 minute rest between sets or 4 sets of 3 minutes with one minute rest between sets.
Advanced:6 sets of 3 minutes, 1 minute rest between each set.
Experts:6 sets of 3 minutes with a 30-second recovery between sets.
Another possibility is to use burpees for interval training. Then an example training may look like this:
- 4-minute warm-up
- 30 seconds of burpees
- 30 seconds of jog
- Repeat the above two points for 2-3 minutes.
- 4 minutes of stretching