- At home rinsing the sinuses - indications
- What to rinse your sinuses at home?
- How to rinse your sinuses at home?
- Home remedies for aching sinuses [TOWIDEO]
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
At home rinsing your sinuses is a proven way to treat sinusitis, runny nose or dry nasal mucosa. Home rinsing (irrigation) of the sinuses can be done independently with the help of special kits available at the pharmacy, which can be used both in adults and in children. Check out how to rinse your sinuses at home step by step.
At home sinus irrigationcleans the nose and sinuses of excessive secretions and impurities, both in children and adults.Homemade sinus irrigationis safe and simple - you can use ready-made sinus irrigation kits, which you can buy at any pharmacy.
At home rinsing the sinuses - indications
Home rinsing of the sinuses can be done in the case of chronic sinusitis, runny nose (allergic or in the course of a cold or other infection).
At home, sinus irrigation can also be performed by people who chronically use nasal medications (to rebuild the mucosa), stay in excessively heated or air-conditioned rooms.Irrigation of the sinusesis also recommended before and after surgical procedures of the nose and sinuses, as well as prophylactically - to maintain hygiene of the nose and sinuses.Important
At-home sinus irrigation - contraindications
- total nasal septum blockade
- ear infections
- hypersensitivity to sodium chloride
What to rinse your sinuses at home?
There are many instruments you can use to perform sinus lavage at home, such as:
- small mineral water bottle with a spout
- nose pear (price ranges from 5 to 10 PLN)
- nasal aspirator (the price is about PLN 12)
It is recommended to rinse the nose and sinuses in children with an aspirator or a pear.
- a teapot for rinsing the nose and sinuses with an elongated neck, which is similar to a teapot. The set also includes a s alt measuring cup. You can buy it in pharmacies - price about PLN 40
- nasal and sinus irrigation set, consisting of a special bottle for rinsing the nose and sinuses and a set of sachets containing sodium chloride, intended for the preparation of a water solution (saline). Its price ranges from PLN 100 to PLN 200
Liketo Make a Sinus Rinse Water Solution? Combine sodium chloride, i.e. s alt (can be ordinary food or sea s alt), and lukewarm (approx. 37 degrees C) water (necessarily boiled) in the proportion of half a flat teaspoon of s alt to 1/2 liter of water.
However, it is best to buy a ready-made 0.9% saline solution in a pharmacy, because then you can be sure that it is sterile.Rinsing the sinuses with salinewill make the nose and sinuses will be cleansed of residual secretions and moisturized. The saline can be replaced with seawater for the same effect.
How to rinse your sinuses at home?
1. Lean over the sink and slightly tilt your head to the right side so that your ear touches your shoulder. The right nostril should point downwards and the left nostril should point upwards.
S alt water (0.9% sodium chloride solution) at body temperature is used to rinse the sinuses at home.
2. Put the tip of the bottle, pear or teapot into the left mouth of your nose, no more than 1-2 cm.
3. Slowly tilt the bottle so that the water flows. At this point, stop breathing through your nose and start breathing through your mouth. The fluid should travel through the nasal passages and sinuses and then out through the other nose opening. If any liquid escapes into your mouth, do not swallow it, but spit it out.
4. After rinsing one nostril, you can proceed to rinsing the other nostril. After sinus irrigation is complete, irrigation equipment should be rinsed and dried.
5. After rinsing your sinuses, tilt your head down and blow your nose gently and thoroughly to get rid of any residual water and mucus. This is very important to prevent water from getting into your ears. The entire step - including preparing the solution - should take a few minutes.
There are two other home sinus irrigation methods, but they are much more difficult. The first method in the initial stage does not differ from traditional sinus irrigation - you should also pour s alt solution into the nose opening.
However, when it flows from one nostril to the other, it should be pulled into the mouth and spit out. The second method is even more difficult and involves taking the s alt water into your mouth and then spitting it out with your nose.
Home remedies for aching sinuses [TOWIDEO]Worth knowing
At home sinus irrigation - when to stop the treatment?
If you get a headache while rinsing your sinuses, it means your sinuses are slowly opening up and your unpleasant symptoms should pass. In turn, the feeling of twitching in the ears means a change in pressure in the Eustachian tube. Then don't blow your nose too hard.
The treatment should be stopped when the following appears:
- nose burning
- nose pinching
- nose bleed
- feeling of fullness in the ears