Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Situations in which a pacemaker may pose a threat to its owner. What is a pacing syndrome? When can disturbances of the pacemaker occur?
Implantedpacemakercan causepacemakersometimes. The pacemaker may also be disrupted. There is even a special symbol to inform you about the dangers for people who have a pacemaker.
People who have a pacemaker may develop a pacemaker syndrome. The pacemaker syndrome appears despite the lack of disturbances in the pacemaker function and the lack of a functional background of these ailments. The pacing unit is the result of retrograde ventricular stimulation. Symptoms of the pacing syndrome are:
- neck ripple,
- shortness of breath,
- unusual chest pain,
- ankle swelling,
- pulmonary edema,
- atrial fibrillation,
- vascular cerebral complications.
Pacemaker: what can cause a problem with the pacemaker?
In currently used cardiac pacemakers, their titanium housing protects the electronic system to some extent against the influence of electromagnetic radiation. In everyday life and in the event of contact with medical devices, patients with implanted pacemakers must exercise caution:
- MRI may only be performed in case of absolute necessity. Testing may damage the starter.
- lithotripsy - you should report the implantation of a pacemaker, but there are no contraindications for lithotripsy
- short-wave diathermy - absolute contraindication - possible disturbances and damage to the pacemaker
- cardioversion - a distance of at least 10-15 centimeters between the cardioverter electrode and the pacemaker bed (anterior-posterior cardioversion position)
- mobile phone - do not carry it in your pocket near the stimulator, and keep the camera on the opposite side of your body to the stimulator socket during the call.
- daily life - devices / phenomena that may interfere with work and should beavoid them:
- arc welder and migomats
- electric fields of high-voltage lines.
- plasma ball
- severe storms (isolate yourself from the storm as much as possible)