- How is lemon oil made?
- Lemon oil - properties
- How to use lemon oil?
- How to prepare lemon oil at home?
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Lemon oil is a natural remedy for colds. It is worth using it when we suffer from cough, sore throat and fever. Is this where the use of lemon oil ends? What other properties does it have that may surprise us? Let's check it out!
Lemon oilis widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. It is made from citrus - their wonderful healing powers have already been discovered by the Indians, ancient Egyptians and Romans. For them, lemons werea remedy for various infectious diseases , also today we reach for them willingly during the autumn and winter cold weather.
How is lemon oil made?
Lemon oil is made by pressing lemon peel, which is high in antioxidants, including D-limonene and vitamin C. It takes about1000 lemonsto make one pound of essential oil lemon.
Lemon oil has an intenseyellow-green colorand a fresh, crisp citrus scent. When it floats in the air, it regenerates and stimulates, but also relaxes, which is why it is often used in aromatherapy.
In terms of chemistry, lemon oil is a mixture of as many as 40 different compounds, including :
Due to their content, lemon oil has been widely used, for example, in natural medicine, in the cosmetic and dermatological industry or in the household. Lemon oil is prone tooxidation , so it is best to store it in tightly closed bottles.
Lemon oil - properties
Lemon oil has a number of unique he alth properties:
- supports the immune system
- soothes inflammation of the skin
- fights herpes and varicose veins
- improves metabolism
- cleanses the body of toxins
- fights hypertension
- has antibacterial effect
- improves memory and concentration
- recommended in states of depression and apathy, as well as in depression
- helps fight fatigue, regenerates the body
How to use lemon oil?
Lemon oil can be used in many ways as:
- Fabric softener or rubbing solution: Relieves cough, sore throat, fever and other cold symptoms
- an antiseptic that inhibits the growth of microorganisms on the skin, mucous membranes and infected wounds
- preparation for warts and corns
- additive to shampoos or hair conditioners, anti-dandruff and reducing oily scalp
- ingredient in cosmetics for oily skin that will give it a pleasant feeling of freshness
- natural alternative to chemical cleaning agents and disinfectants
- home air freshener
- seasoning for meat dishes and ingredient of salad dressing
How to prepare lemon oil at home?
The lemon oil recipe is simple and quick.
- olive oil
- citrus peel scraper
- small jar with lid
Recipe for lemon oil step by step:
- Grate the lemon zest with a scraper and then transfer it to the jar.
- Pour in the olive oil so that it completely covers the grated skin.
- Close the jar tightly and leave it fora few weeksin direct sunlight.
- Shake the jar at least once a day.
- After that time, strain the mixture through a fine strainer and pour the obtained oil into a bottle.
This way we can obtain lemon-based oil. It is worth addinga few dropsoil todishes, cosmetics, cleaning products, bathsto enjoy its unique properties every day.
- Thyme oil for wet and dry cough
- Clove oil for wounds and inflammation
- Eucalyptus oil for runny nose and mosquito bites
- Oil of thieves - what is the help of this mysterious mixture?