- Passion herb for insomnia
- Valerian Valerian for insomnia
- Hop cones will help you fall asleep
- Fragrances to help you fall asleep
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
About 40 percent of the population has sleep problems. There can be many reasons - stress, inadequate diet, and even cardiovascular disease. What can you do to finally get enough sleep? It is definitely worth taking advantage of the beneficial properties of herbs.
Herbsandinsomnia dietplay a big role. Rule of thumb: we say "stop" late dinner. In the evening, you should avoid strong coffee and tea, alcohol, products rich in sugar. The recommended diet should include foods rich in calcium, magnesium and vitamin B6 because they have a calming effect; they are in grains, nuts, green vegetables. It is also worth reaching for herbs that will help us fall asleep calmly.
Passion herb for insomnia
A restful sleep can be provided by the passion herb, popularly known as the Passion Herb, which acts on the central nervous system. The plant is used in chronic insomnia, it does not cause addiction or side effects. It is recommended to drink a glass of passion flower every day before going to bed (brew a tablespoon of the herb covered for a quarter of an hour). Passion fruit is often found in mixtures with valerian, hawthorn and hops extracts. Such preparations include, among others :
- Passispasmin - a syrup with a mild hypnotic effect. The drug should not be used by pregnant women, lactating women and diabetics. May impair driving ability.
- Passibil - syrup recommended for difficulty sleeping and irritability. Contraindications are the same as in the case of Passispasmin.
Valerian Valerian for insomnia
This popular plant, called valerian, helps with falling asleep problems, anxiety and mental exhaustion. Valerian infusions are especially recommended for the elderly. The root of this plant in combination with other herbs (e.g. lemon balm, St. John's wort, hawthorn) is part of sedatives, cardiac mixtures and blood pressure-lowering mixtures, including:
- Neuroflos - a tea with a calming effect. It helps in falling asleep, as well as in depression related to the lack of light in the autumn and winter period. Neuroflos teas should not be drunk by children under 12 years of age. In adults, it impairs the ability to drive a vehicle.
- Valerian - tablets with a sleeping and sedative effect. They also stimulate the secretion of juicegastric and relax smooth muscles. Valerian is intended for adults.
- Kalms - tablets with the dominant content of valerian extract, recommended for sleep problems. They are not addictive. They should not be used by children, pregnant and nursing women.
Hop cones will help you fall asleep
This popular raw material in the brewing industry is also used in sleeping pills. In addition, it lowers blood pressure, has an analgesic effect and helps digestion. In pharmacies, there are preparations in which, in addition to hops, valerian is also often present, including:
- Hova - sleeping pills and sedatives. They induce and prolong the active sleep phase. The preparation must not be combined with drinking alcohol.
- Lekosen - recommended in the case of difficulties falling asleep due to neurosis.
Fragrances to help you fall asleep
There are many essential oils to help you sleep, relax, and relieve stress.
- Juniper oil has a strengthening and calming effect, helps with sleep disorders. You can add 5-7 drops of essential oil to your evening bath or dilute it with water in an aromatherapy fireplace.
- Cumin oil (Roman cumin) has similar properties to juniper oil, therefore it is recommended for insomnia. Its advantage is its gentle action - it can even be used to massage babies.
- Lavender oil added to the bath allows you to fall into a he althy sleep. In addition, it has a calming effect, fights states of nervousness and fear. When buying, be sure to check the Latin name of the raw material. Real, natural oil is distilled from Lavandula officinalis.
- Marjoram oil is most often used for massage and as an ingredient of ointments. Thanks to its strong sedative properties, it is a valued sleep aid. A relaxing bath with the addition of marjoram, chamomile and lavender oils will have a beneficial effect on sleep. Such selection of oils will make you feel relaxed and sleepy.