Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Tea with turmeric owes its extraordinary properties to the content of the spice considered to be superfoods. Tea with turmeric can be drunk at any time of the year, but it is most beneficial to consume it during fall and winter illnesses, as it warms the whole body and has anti-inflammatory properties. You only need 10 minutes to do it.
Tea with turmericcomes from Asian cuisine. It has been valued there for centuries and has been used for healing purposes for centuries. Itspro-he alth propertiesare also confirmed by numerous scientific studies.
Tea with turmeric is a veryuniversal drink- you can drink it both cold and warm, it tastes great with water, tea (green or black) and even with milk (it is even called " golden milk "). It has a slightly earthy taste that can be spiced up with your favorite spices.
Here are reasons to include turmeric tea in your daily menu.
Turmeric tea - properties
Tea with turmeric contains a very valuable substance -curcumin . It is her turmeric that owes most of its properties. Curcumin is a polyphenol, or antioxidant, that neutralizes free radicals. Since it is poorly digestible, it is best to combine it with piperine (contained in black pepper or chilli).
Here'sproperties of turmeric tea :
- strengthens immunity, fights viral infections
- supports brain function (it is even tested in the treatment of Alzheimer's and stroke)
- has a choleretic effect, stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes
- is useful in the prevention and treatment of cancer
- has a diastolic effect, so it is recommended for painful periods
- has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, also against bacteria that cause stomach ulcers
Turmeric powder should be purchased in small quantities, preferably from averified retailer .
Turmeric tea - how to make it?
- 3 glasses of water or milk
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2-3 cloves
- half a teaspoon of ground cardamom
- half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- a few slices of fresh ginger or a quarter teaspoon of powdered ginger
- pinch of pepper
- possibly a teaspoon of honey
Boil the water and the remaining tea ingredients in a small pot and simmer for8-10 minutes . Then we pour it into cups (you can strain it beforehand). If the tea was made with water, you can add milk to it. You can also add honey to slightly cooled down.
Ready turmeric tea
There are also ready-made teas with turmeric available on the market, which also contain many other ingredients, such as Echinacea, Orange, Lemon, Apple, Licorice, Dandelion, Fennel and Chamomile.
This is obviously a busy version, but also an opportunity to trynew flavorsandsurprising combinations . However, it is worth trying to make tea with turmeric at home - it is not difficult, and we have an influence on the selection of ingredients and their quality.
- 5 unusual ways to have afternoon tea
- Nettle tea - who should drink it?
- Mint tea - what ailments helps?