- Almond flour - nutritional value and he alth properties
- What flour to use for what? Look! [TOWIDEO]
- Everything about flour. What kind of flour to bake?
- Almond flour - use in the kitchen. Where to buy almond flour? What's the price?
- How to make almond flour? Recipe
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Almond flour has valuable properties and nutritional value - it is a source of mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids as well as magnesium, iron and calcium. The he alth-promoting properties of almond flour should be especially appreciated by people with high blood cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure. In addition, almond flour has been used in a gluten-free, vegetarian, paleo and low-carbohydrate diet. Check what other properties almond flour has and how to make it yourself at home.
Almond flouris obtained by grinding almonds. It is characterized by a sweet, almond flavor and white color. It can be used as a he althy replacement for flour traditionally used in baking bread and cakes. Almond flour can be easily and quickly prepared at home.
Almond flour - nutritional value and he alth properties
The properties of almond flourresult directly from the properties of the almonds from which it is made. Almond flour is an excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids - monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. In addition, it contains relatively little carbohydrates. Thanks to this, it can be successfully used by people on a low-carbohydrate diet or on a ketogenic diet. In addition, almond flour can be consumed by people on a gluten-free diet because it does not contain gluten. Almond flour is also an excellent source of magnesium, iron and calcium.
- reduces the risk of heart disease and lowers blood cholesterol thanks to the high content of monounsaturated fatty acids
- lowers blood pressure thanks to the presence of antioxidants
- reduces the risk of colon cancer
- reduces the risk of diabetes and improves glycemia in people with diabetes, because it lowers postprandial glycemia
- has an antioxidant effect, protects the body against free radicals
What flour to use for what? Look! [TOWIDEO]Worth knowing
Almond flour - nutritional values in 100 g of the product
Caloric value - 607 kcal Protein - 21.4 g Fat - 53.6 g, including
- saturated fatty acids - 3.57g- monounsaturated fatty acids - 32.14 g- polyunsaturated fatty acids - 12.5 g
Carbohydrates - 17.9 g Fiber - 10.7 g
Minerals(% of RDA for an adult)
Potassium - 643.0 mg (14%) Sodium - 18.0 mg (15%) Calcium - 214.0 mg (21%) Iron - 3.86 mg (39%) Magnesium - 286.0 mg (72%)
Source: USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Nutrition Standards, IŻŻ Amendment, 2012
Everything about flour. What kind of flour to bake?
'Source: x-news.pl/Dzień Dobry TVN
Almond flour - use in the kitchen. Where to buy almond flour? What's the price?
Almond flour can be purchased from he alth food stores, he alth food stores, or online. The price varies and ranges from PLN 13 to PLN 25 for 500 g. When buying, it is worth paying attention to the composition - the best quality almond flour should contain only almonds. Almond flour is a he althy alternative to traditional wheat flour used in cooking. Almond flour can be used for:
Almond flour can be replaced with wheat flour in a 1: 1 ratio, but almond flour baked goods will be less plump.
- baking cakes, muffins, cookies, pizza
- as an addition to baking bread
- to prepare pancakes, pies, pancakes
- as an addition to meat coating
- to thicken sauces and soups
- as an addition to desserts, cocktails, cereals (can be eaten raw)
How to make almond flour at home? Recipe for homemade almond flour.
Almond flour can be easily prepared at home. You will need almonds: shelled, unshelled, roasted, whole or broken almonds and a grinding device: a blender, a coffee grinder or a nut grinder. In the grinder, the almonds must be ground to a powder consistency. If you are using a blender, use the pulse mode, otherwise fat may come out, resulting in peanut butter. Remember - take short breaks in blending every now and then.
How to make almond flour? Recipe
Source: Youtube.com/Tasty Cooking