- Apple preserves. What can be made from apples?
- Nutritional values of apple preserves
- Apples - he alth properties
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
What apple preserves are best to prepare for the winter? What's he althier - apple jam, marmalade, juice or maybe dried apples? The best methods of fruit preservation are those that allow apples to retain as much vitamin C as possible, without the need to use preservatives that are harmful to he alth. Check what can be made of apples.
Apple preservesis best done when the apple season begins. Then we have a guarantee that we make preserves for the winter from fresh fruit. Although we all appreciate the taste of apple juice or fruit mousse, few of us know how much nutritional value they have. It depends primarily on the wayapple preserveshave been prepared.
Apple preserves. What can be made from apples?
Apples can be eaten in many ways. These he althy fruits are used to prepare preserves such as:
- Apple mousse- suitable for cakes, pancakes, porridges and rice. It can also be given to young children as a he althy dessert. You can buy the mousse ready-made in the store, but it will be much he althier if you make it yourself. Just peel and slice the apples, then put them in a large pot with some water. The apples should be boiled for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the fruit becomes soft, add cinnamon and sugar to taste.
- Apple jam- is similar to mousse. It can be additionally thickened with a purchased gelling preparation to make it a slightly thicker consistency.
- Apple compote- apple compote is the taste of childhood for many people. For making apple compote, pulpwood is most often used, although other varieties are also suitable. Self-made and pasteurized apple compote is a great option for winter preserves.
- Apple juice- there is nothing better than freshly squeezed raw apple juice. It is enough to peel the fruit and cut it into small pieces, and then squeeze it with a juicer. Delicious apple vitamin bomb ready!
- Apple chips- a great idea for a he althy snack. Just cut the apples into thin slices, place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake in the oven.
- Baked apples with nuts and honey- a delicious and simple dish perfect for cool autumn eveningsand not only. The apples should be cored and then the blended nuts with honey added inside. Put the fruit on a baking tray and bake in the oven.
- Apple pie- delicious cake with apples and vanilla ice cream? Sounds like a perfect dessert. For the filling, you can use previously made applesauce or add slightly stewed sliced apples.
- Apple wine- wine does not have to be made only from grapes. In the fall, apples will be a great raw material. The production of home-made apple wine is time-consuming, but thanks to this we will get the drink without artificial additives and sulphites.
- Cider- is an alcoholic drink that is made of fermented apple juice with no added sugar. It can be still or sparkling. You can find cider recipes here:
- Apple cider: what is it and how to make it? Cider Recipes
- Apple cider vinegar- you can buy it in a store or make it yourself. You can read more about apple cider vinegar here:
- Apple cider vinegar: healing properties
- How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar - Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe
Nutritional values of apple preserves
A lot of vitamin C is preservedpurees and pasteurized juices . Because the heat treatment takes a relatively short time, in addition the processedapplesboil in their own juice and covered. The preserves prepared in this way should not be boiled again before eating, so as not to increase the loss of vitamin C.
Pasteurized applesare very he althy as long as you don't sweeten them.
Raw apple preparationscan be preserved without pasteurization by adding a lot of sugar. They retain a significant amount of vitamin C, but are very caloric. They are also not suitable for long-term storage.
Jams and marmaladesneed to be boiled, so they have little vitamin C, but they contain mineral s alts and fiber.
Dried applesprovide a lot of fiber, but no vitamins. They have a good effect on the digestive tract, but are high in calories. That's why we only eat them from time to time.
In stores you can buy gelling preparations that thicken the preserves, which shortens the time of stewing them. Gelatinized preserves retain a little more vitamin C than traditionally prepared. Unfortunately, gels, like sugar, are caloric.
- APPLES: fruit for he alth and beauty. Why is it worth eating apples?
- APPLE DIET - rules, effects, menu. How much canlose weight?