- Sollux lamp: how to use
- Sollux lamp: how it works
- Sollux lamp: indications
- Contraindications for treatments with the sollux lamp
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
The sollux lamp is used in physical therapy offices. It is an electrical device that emits short radiation - penetrating deeper into the tissues - visible white and infrared. The radiation reaches 3 cm deep into the tissues: it dilates the blood vessels, improves blood circulation and reduces muscle tension and pain.
Sollux lampsare equipped with red, blue and purple glass filters. Red glass transmits red and infrared light rays, blue glass stops heat rays, and blue ones let it through. Violet filter lets violet rays pass through. Large lamps for general irradiation and smaller, table lamps for local treatments are in use.
Sollux lamp: how to use
During the treatment, the lamp is located at a distance of 20-30 cm from the heating point (with local illumination) or more than 100 cm (with general illumination). During the irradiation, especially in the area of the face and chest, the eyes are protected with special protective glasses. The treatment takes about 20 minutes.
Sollux lamp: how it works
A lamp with a blue filter has an analgesic effect, and is also used to soothe irritations after exfoliating the epidermis and after cleansing it. Red light soothes inflammation and speeds up wound healing.
Sollux lamp: indications
- chronic and subacute inflammation of soft tissues
- chronic and subacute inflammation of joints and periarticular tissues
- difficult-to-heal wounds and skin lesions
- discopathies, back pain syndromes
- conditions after injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- burns from an overdose of ultraviolet or X-rays
Contraindications for treatments with the sollux lamp
- acute inflammation of the skin and soft tissues
- bleeding tendency
- varicose veins
- circulatory failure
- disturbances in the blood supply to the peripheral parts of the limbs
- active pulmonary tuberculosis
- state of general exhaustion of the organism