Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Fennel tea is often associated with a drink that is given to babies when they suffer from colic. A few sips can bring them relief from ailments of the digestive system. However, this is not the only he alth-promoting effect of fennel tea. Check what else she helps!
Fennel teais a drink that should be drunk not only by children, but also by adults due to its many he alth-promoting properties. It has become a popular belief that fennel tea is intended for infants, pregnant women and nursing mothers. It's time to debunk this myth!
fennel tea: properties
As the name suggests, teais made from fennel, the so-called fennel . This plant was used by the ancient Greeks and Romans who valued it for its longevity and physical strength. Nowadays, fennel is indispensable in every kitchen. Its seeds, leaves and tubers are used in various ways, in particular to enhance the flavor of the dish.
Fennel tea contains a lot:
- active substances(e.g. anethole, fenchonan)
- vitamins:A, C, E, K, group B
- minerals:potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and slight traces of zinc, manganese and copper
- unsaturated fatty acids
Fennel tea: action
Fennel tea has aunique flavor,but alsoa range of he alth-promoting properties . It is worth drinking it because it can deal with certain ailments very well. So how does fennel tea work?
- Combats infant colic and any other intestinal problems,
- Helps with flatulence,
- Relieves stomach pains and muscle cramps occurring in diseases that cause abnormalities in the digestive system (e.g. large intestine syndrome, Leśniowski-Cohn disease),
- Reduces painful discomfort accompanying menstruation,
- Regulates blood sugar levels.
Drinking fennel tea is especially recommended for peoplestruggling with diabetes, insulin resistance or other sugar-dependent diseaseblood . It's a good idea to drink at least 2-3 cups of fennel tea a day.
Fennel tea: how to make?
Brewing fennel tea is not complicated! Today, fennel tea is available in bothpowdered form and in the form of closedsachets in herbal stores and pharmacies. You can also prepare the drink from fennel seeds. Here are the steps to follow:
- Put a teaspoon of seeds into the cup or mug.
- Pour with hot water and set asidecovered for 10 minutes .
- After this time you can enjoy the taste of tea.
Drinking two cups a dayregularlyhas he alth benefits! The drink, however, should be avoided by pregnant women or people suffering from a disease in which estrogen plays a key role.