Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Representatives of patient organizations working for people with various diseases and disabilities will in August provide advice and information to people who call the hotline at the Patient Ombudsman's Office. Non-governmental organizations' telephone hours are part of the project en titled "The patient unites us."
"The patient connects us" is a joint educational project undertaken by Polish patient organizations and the new Patient Rights Ombudsman, Bartłomiej Chmielowiec in March 2022. As part of the campaign, each month, during special shifts, representatives of the organization - employees, patients, specialists in various areas of medicine - provide advice and telephone information to people calling the hotline in the Patient Ombudsman's Office.
- The project "Patient connects us" is a new and very much needed initiative. Our key task is to support patients in the fight against their he alth problems, including help in the proper implementation of their rights. Together with patient organizations, we will be able to operate more effectively - said Bartłomiej Chmielowiec, Patient Rights Ombudsman. - Experts will jointly provide information both on the practical side and on the proper implementation of patients' rights - he added.
Interested persons can call the hotline 800-190-590. There they will be joined with a representative of patient organizations. The helpline is available nationwide, free of charge and operates from Monday to Friday, from 8.00 to 20.00.
In August this year. telephone duties at the helpline of the Patient Rights Ombudsman will be performed by:
- August 02 - Polish Cancer Patient Coalition
- August 3 - Urszula Jaworska Foundation
- August 8 - STOMAlife Foundation
- August 09 - Polish Multiple Sclerosis Society
- August 10 - Urszula Jaworska Foundation
- August 14 - SYNTONIA Psychological Aid Association
- August 21 - Union of Psoriasis Patients' Associations
- August 27 - Polish Association for Children with Epilepsy
Information on the persons on duty and a detailed schedule with the duties are available on the website of the ombudsman's office: http://www.rpp.gov.pl/porady-ekspertow-ngo
Since the inception of the Ombudsman's officeThe patient, that is from May 2009, over 300 thousand. signals provided to the Defender. Most of the phone calls concerned practical advice on what to do in certain situations in medical facilities.