- Changing your diet will give you energy at the beginning of spring
- Herbs to strengthen the body after winter
- When is the first day of spring?
- Moving will improve your mood, even if you don't like moving
- The spring solstice is caused by fluctuationshormones: melatonin and serotonin
- Spring hardening
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Even though the sun is breaking its way through the clouds more and more often and you should actually have more energy, most likely you would not move from the couch. Perhaps you have hit the spring solstice, which is not a disease, but can take its toll. Luckily, you can help yourself! A proper diet combined with physical activity will help you endure the difficult beginning of spring.
The beginning of springis marked by changes in the weather - the air humidity is different, the pressure changes. However, before you get completely used to the new weather and get rid of the winter rhythm, you may suffer from headaches, it is easier to get nervous, you may feel morefatigueand lack of energy, catch infections. Fortunately, there are methods to ward off this level of malaise as quickly as possible.
Changing your diet will give you energy at the beginning of spring
To make it easier to withstand the change of seasons, focus on a diet rich in fiber, which will be great for cleaning up your body in the winter. Reach for wholemeal bread and flour as often as possible, thick groats, fruit, raw or blanched vegetables (use frozen food).
It would be good if you also make sure that your daily menu includes:
- a clove of garlic - is great for treating spring colds, and some scientists emphasize that it can also prevent the development of cancer and lower blood pressure;
- honey, which increases the body's overall endurance. This was checked by giving honey to athletes. In addition, it has a slightly calming effect. It is best to drink a glass of lukewarm boiled water with honey and lemon on an empty stomach;
- sprouts - contain concentrated vitamins and minerals, also contain a lot of fiber and are low in calories;
- chocolate - you can afford two cubes of dark chocolate every day, because chocolate is great for improving your mood, and thanks to the magnesium content, it soothes the nerves;
- water - you should drink at least 2 liters a day, because it perfectly cleanses the body of toxins, facilitates digestion, improves mood and gives energy. So instead of reaching for another coffee, drink a glass of water. Fatigue is often the result of dehydration.
Herbs to strengthen the body after winter
They are veryeffective, improve immunity, but as with all herbs - the treatment should last up to a few weeks.
1. Mix 30 g of blackberry leaves and yarrow herb and 20 g of linden flowers and goose cinquefoil herb. Pour a tablespoon of herbs in a glass of warm water. Heat slowly, covered, to a boil, cook for 3-4 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes, strain. You can sweeten with honey and give even to children 2 tablespoons 2-3 times a day.
2. Mix equal amounts of licorice roots, willow bark, leaf beaver, raspberry, lemon balm, peppermint, nettle and sage, flax seeds, goose cinquefoil herb and firefly. Thoroughly grind (e.g. in a coffee grinder) and mix with three times the amount of honey. Take a teaspoon 2 times a day with milk or water.
When is the first day of spring?
Moving will improve your mood, even if you don't like moving
Do you know that a daily amount of exercise will improve your mood? It is due to serotonin, which is also secreted as a result of exercise. Therefore, even if you do not like to move, try to force yourself to do so, and after a few days you will feel that you are enjoying the movement. If you exercise in the air, you will oxygenate your body, improve blood flow through the skin, joints, bones and internal organs, which will make them better nourished. Specialists recommend exercising according to the 3x30x130 rule, which means that you should move 3 times a week for 30 minutes, at such an intensity that your heart rate reaches 130 beats per minute. You have no idea what to do? Look for the type of exercise that will give you the most pleasure. Try it out:
- jog or run - start training about 2 hours after the last meal. You can start by walking, then jog, and then run up. If you feel tired, start walking again;
- Nordic walking - the first training sessions are best done under the supervision of a trainer or someone who knows it (it is important to hold the poles properly and bounce off the ground properly). We recommend walking with poles especially to people who have problems with the knee joints (degeneration), because during such training the load on these parts of the body is much lower than in the case of walking or running (research shows that the load on the knees is reduced by approx. 5 kg);
- swimming - this is a sport that will be liked even by the greatest opponents of the movement. You just have to force yourself to leave the house - then it is much nicer at the swimming pool.
The spring solstice is caused by fluctuationshormones: melatonin and serotonin
Spring solstice very often also causes increased susceptibility to infections. If that's the case for you, try implementing a mini hardening program:
- change the temperature in the house - 20 ° C during the day, 18 ° C at night;
- take alternate showers every day - warm and cool;
- go to the sauna - under the influence of temperature changes, blood vessels dilate and contract, improving blood flow, and the skin secretes sweat, expelling toxins with it. In addition, this alternation of cooling (e.g. in a shower) and heating (in a sauna) forces the body to react defensively, and thus causes the production of antibodies that increase immunity.