Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
The kayak is for everyone - it is relatively cheap, easy to transport and light equipment. And swimming with it gives you a feeling of freedom. If you want to spend your vacation actively, read this text, rent a kayak and go kayaking. Check how to prepare for a kayaking trip.
Canoeingcan be practiced by anyone. However, if you don't know how to swim, it's better not to risk it - even though you don't need to show your swimming card when rentingkayak . Equipment is not rented to people with a cold, so if you want to row, you need to be he althy.
This sport, contrary to appearances, does not require a lot of physical strength. You just have to learn effectiverowing . Before going to the water, the borrowers warn against surprises that can be encountered on the route. Rational thinking is more important than good condition: for example, marking a route tailored to your own skills.
Some situations are unpredictable. You may encounter obstacles in the water: fallen trees, other vessels (tourist ships, motorboats, water scooters), seaweed in which the oars become entangled. For this reason, it is best if the kayak crew is mixed: male and female. Gentlemen are usually more resistant to hardships.
How to prepare for a kayaking trip:
Alicja Stolarczyk from Warsaw advises, professional kayaker, Polish champion in canoe polo (playing ball on kayaks).
- Keep fit. A gym is not needed, but I advise lifting light weights or general development exercises (e.g. for a week).
- If you are going to swim for the first time, learn to paddle dry at home. Work with your whole body, not just with your hands!
- Before getting into the water, check the technical condition of the kayak.
- Load all your things in a plastic bag. Do not carry a mobile phone, wallet or camera loose. In the event of a fall, you can lose everything.
- Hide a few empty plastic bottles under the side - they will prevent the boat from sinking.
- Warm up before each trip.
- You can eat a real lunch on land. On the road, drink water, eat bars, chocolate, bananas. No sandwiches and thermoses with hot tea!
- If you are duet, paddle rhythmically, at a steady pace, differentlyyou will brake or even collide with the oars.
- Don't be silly in the water, don't get up, don't sway. It's dangerous! You can overturn your canoe, lose your luggage and even drown.
- Avoid water obstacles: fallen trees, seaweed.
- Watch the sky. If a storm is approaching, head to shore immediately. For example, carbon fiber oars attract lightning.
- Cover your head, use creams or lotions with UVA and UVB filters, protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- In the event of a fall, do not panic. Stay in the kayak, pick up your stuff. Don't let go of the oar! If you lose them, you won't be able to reach the shore.
What to practice before kayaking?
At least one week before the planned kayaking trip, start your sports preparations. General development exercises, such as swimming, as well as strengthening and stretching, will be the best. Also work on strength in your arms and back. Contrary to appearances, not only the upper, but also lower parts of the body work during rowing. Prepare your leg muscles (the quadriceps will work the hardest) by cycling or jogging. Remember that training should be gentle and not burdensome for the body.You must do it
Benefits of canoeing:
- You will keep a nice figure - while rowing, not only the shoulders (the triceps muscles of the arms), but also the legs (you have to push them off and set the quadriceps muscles in motion).
- You will rest, relax, distance yourself from your problems.
- You will sunbathe.
- You won't spend too much money (PLN 25 for one day of swimming).
- You will increase lung capacity.
- You will improve your metabolism.