Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Adequate diet plays a huge role in the prevention of osteoporosis. If you do not want to have holes in your bones in your old age, with a structure more reminiscent of Swiss cheese - go ahead today. First of all, change your diet to a more varied one, say goodbye to stimulants and start moving. Here are tips on how to compose your daily menu to prevent osteoporosis.
Unhe althy lifestyle, bad lifestyledietand lack of exercise cause problems with densitybonesnot only seniors but also people young. We provide an example menu that will help you counteractosteoporosis .
Products we recommend to combat osteoporosis
- milk and its products
- fruit, legumes, vegetables, especially cruciferous: cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale
- sea fish (especially sardines, sprats)
- nuts, almonds, sesame, poppy and sunflower seeds
- buckwheat and millet
- processed cereals
- olive, linseed and rapeseed oil
Sample daily menu for the prevention of osteoporosis
- a milk-fruit cocktail with a glass of milk, half a banana, an orange and a handful of frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- a slice of bread with flaxseed thinly smeared with butter
» 2nd breakfast
- a cup of cream cheese with curd cheese with 2 biscuits
- a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice
- plate (250 g) of red borscht with potatoes
- cod with garlic baked in foil
- 2 steamed potatoes
- salad with 1/4 celery and a small apple with a handful of chopped walnuts and 6 tablespoons of kefir
» Afternoon tea
- a handful of almonds
- glass of natural yoghurt
- rice and vegetable salad made from 3 tablespoons of cooked rice, 3 tablespoons of green peas, hard-boiled egg, 1/2 paprika, seasoned with yoghurt-mustard sauce and sprinkled with a spoon of parsley
Products not indicated for problems withosteoporosis
- meat and cold cuts, carbonated cola drinks - they contain a lot of phosphorus, which in excess causes the increased excretion of calcium from the body along with the urine
- table s alt - stimulates the excretion of calcium in the urine, which leads to its loss from bones and makes them more fragile
- saturated fats (animal origin) - lard, butter, lard, fatty meats, especially pork - excess fat increases the excretion of calcium from the body and reduces its absorption from the gastrointestinal tract, moreover, saturated fats can bind calcium and vitamin D
- sunflower, soybean and corn oil - they have a lot of unsaturated omega-6 fatty acids, which when consumed in excess increase the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, which adversely affect bone he alth
- alcohol - increases the excretion of calcium and magnesium in the urine, and reduces the amount of osteoblasts, causing bone loss and more frequent bone fractures
- natural coffee, strong tea, chocolate, cocoa, cola or energy drinks - they contain caffeine, which causes the loss of calcium from the bones, increasing the risk of osteoporosis, and also interferes with hormones that affect bone metabolism and inhibits bone mineralization.
"Zdrowie" monthlySee the gallery of 11 photos