Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
In summer, remember to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables - so that you don't get monotonous and still feel like eating them. At this time of the year, fruits and vegetables are the tastiest and he althiest. They are a source of essential vitamins, help to quench your thirst, soothe your nerves, facilitate digestion and perfectly fill you.
Summer is the season of the year that requires more energy from you. So don't forget to properly nourish yourself and your family. Above all, remember to consume 5 servings offruit and vegetablesorjuicedaily. It is in them that naturalvitaminsand minerals are contained, which - when supplied in the correct proportions - will allow you to maintain he alth and well-being and transform into energy and willingness to act.
- Our body cannot store many ingredients, such as vitamins, which play a huge role in its functioning. An example is vitamin C, which is contained in natural products is much better absorbed. Unfortunately, it is also regularly flushed out of our body. In order to maintain its optimal level, we have to provide it continuously, e.g. by eating one apple, drinking a glass of juice, eating a handful of dried vegetables or fruit - but at intervals so as to replenish its deficiencies on an ongoing basis. - advises Dr. Agnieszka Jarosz from the Institute of Nutrition and Food, expert in the campaign "5 portions of vegetables, fruit or juice".
Reach a variety of fruits and vegetables
For two reasons - firstly, because each fruit, vegetable or juice contains different vitamins and minerals, and secondly and equally important - not to become monotony and still want a different fruit and vegetable snacks. Mother Nature has shown a lot of fantasy and you can enjoy five color groups. Each of them offers different vitamins and minerals, so it is worth reaching for different colors, and preferably - let the daily 5 portions of vegetables, fruit or juice represent 5 color groups. There is a green group (lettuce, broccoli, cucumber, spinach, chives, etc.), red (tomatoes, peppers, apple, pomegranate, watermelon, strawberries, etc.), yellow-orange (banana, pineapple, oranges, carrots, melon), white (avocado, cauliflower, leek, Chinese cabbage, onion, garlic) and black (blueberries, chokeberry, eggplant, black currants). It is worth supplementing your summer diet in such a way as to make everydaythe menu includes vegetables, fruit and juices from each color group.
Summer fruits and vegetables are he althy and taste great
Nature follows its own rhythm. Your body has different needs at certain times of the year. You are more thirsty on hot days. Seasonal summer vegetables and fruits offer exactly what our body needs. They help not only to quench your thirst, but also to replenish the lack of fluid in the body. So don't wait until you feel thirsty. Reach for an apple, strawberries, watermelon or juice whenever possible.
- Choose watermelons - the redder the better, because they contain more heart-strengthening lycopene. They contain pectin and fiber, which support intestinal peristalsis and induce a feeling of fullness.
- Reach for berries, i.e. strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, currants, which provide us with valuable antioxidants. Black berries, on the other hand, enhance eyesight thanks to the content of flavonoids and anthocyanins.
- Carrots in summer are the best - not only for a tan (thanks to the carotene content). It is also a very good source of fiber to aid digestion.
- Juicy melons will be irreplaceable on hot days - they will provide provitamin A (important for the skin and immune system), vitamin C and folic acid (this is recommended primarily for pregnant women).
- Summer tomatoes not only taste great, they are also a great source of lycopene, which strengthens the heart. Additionally, they contain a lot of fiber, vitamin C and potassium. A glass of tomato juice drunk daily will soothe your nerves.
- Broccoli and cauliflower can be served for dinner alternately with potatoes and rice. They are a great source of provitamin A, vitamins B1, B2, PP, as well as calcium, phosphorus, iron and magnesium.