- Home remedies for indigestion - herbal teas
- Home remedies for indigestion - diet
- Home remedies for indigestion - over-the-counter medications
- Indigestion - symptoms
- How to avoid indigestion?
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Dyspepsia is a group of unpleasant symptoms that usually occurs after overeating. Indigestion is not a disease, but it can sometimes be a symptom of more serious medical conditions. It is worth knowing home remedies for indigestion in order to quickly cope with ailments.
Indigestionis a complex of digestive ailments that can be easily de alt with.Home remedies for indigestioninclude diet and herbal remedies, but if your indigestion recurs, it is worth changing your lifestyle and reducing your stress levels.
Home remedies for indigestion - herbal teas
You can eliminate indigestion symptoms by drinking warm water in small sips. It is important not to drink the whole glass at once, as this will only aggravate the symptoms. Take two or three sips every few minutes.
Drinking herbal infusions is also helpful for indigestion. In case of indigestion, it is always worth having in the first aid kit:
- St. John's wort,
- coriander seeds,
- marigold flower
- and fresh or powdered ginger root.
Infusions of herbs and spices soothe symptoms of indigestion and restore balance in the digestive tract.
Home remedies for indigestion - diet
Eat easily digestible meals for at least a few days:
- boiled or baked (not stewed or fried) meat,
- light soups
- and cooked vegetables.
You are tired of indigestion, so no canned food, no food in bags or any other kind of ready-made meals. Give up coffee and even cocoa, as well as alcohol and carbonated drinks. If you feel unwell and indigestion is very troublesome, eat biscuits and gruel for 3 days.
Home remedies for indigestion - over-the-counter medications
If you want to quickly eliminate indigestion symptoms, take over-the-counter medications from a pharmacy. They usually contain substances that intensify the secretion of bile, which helps to improve digestion.
They contain dehydrocholic acid (Raphacholin), silymarin (Sylimarol) and black radish, artichoke and boldinum extract, i.e. an extract from a South American plant called aromatic boldoa, as well as aloe extract - all this helps with indigestion.
Indigestion - symptoms
- feeling of fullness in the stomach
How to avoid indigestion?
Indigestion, medically known as dyspepsia, is more and more often considered one of the diseases of civilization ( although it is only a gastrointestinal ailments syndrome), because it happens so often and to so many people.
The causes of indigestion are very often rush, severe stress and depression, as well as eating highly processed and full of preservatives and other food additives.
If you want to avoid indigestion:
- Eat slowly and bite thoroughly. When biting, the first, preliminary stage of digestion takes place. If we omit it by swallowing inaccurately chewed food, the stomach has more work to do and may riot.
- You won't suffer from indigestion if you avoid fatty and fried foods. Especially fried in repeatedly used fat (unfortunately this is how you do in restaurants and bars). Give up French fries.
- Get rid of indigestion and stop smoking - nicotine impairs circulation in the stomach and intestines, hindering proper digestion and absorption.
- Move. Physical activity supports the functioning of the digestive system. Therefore, after overeating, it is good to take a leisurely stride, it brings significant relief to an overcrowded stomach. Movement is also an effective antidote for constipation, which is also often a symptom of indigestion.
- Learn to deal with stress. A stressed body neglects digestion and focuses on other functions. Therefore, people living under chronic stress very often suffer from indigestion and heartburn. The drugs only work temporarily. Psychologists advise: either change the lifestyle or the place that is stressful for us, or change your attitude towards the events experienced and the circumstances in which we find ourselves.
- Dyspepsia means indigestion. Causes, symptoms and treatment of dyspepsia
- Digestive problems? What does good digestion depend on
- Treatments for digestive problems
- Ranitidine helps with gastric problems
- How to deal with the effects of overeating: flatulence, gas, diarrhea, heartburn