- Heat treatment: indications
- Heat treatment: contraindications
- Cold treatment: indications for cryotherapy
- Cold treatment: contraindications
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Thermotherapy is treatment with heat or cold (thermotherapy - heat treatment and cryotherapy - tissue cooling). The benefits for the body are great, because high temperature dilates blood vessels, which increases blood flow, improves metabolism, and accelerates tissue regeneration. The overall immunity of the body also increases.
Thermotherapyis a branch of physical therapy that uses thermal energy for therapeutic purposes, i.e.heat and cold treatment . Thermotherapy can be used with thermogels, i.e. cold or warm compresses, compresses, gel patches.
- Treatment with coldis a general cryotherapy - in the chamber and local cryotherapy, improves lymphatic and venous drainage, reduces muscle tension, slows down nerve conduction; cold treatment also includes hydrotherapy, ice packs, frozen gels or peloid and spraying cooling liquids.
- Heat treatmentdepending on the heat used, it is divided into hydrotherapy with water at a temperature above 36 ° C, balneotherapy, paraffin treatments, and methods that induce heat in the tissues (radiation IR, high frequency currents and ultrasound).
Heat treatment: indications
- chronic inflammation of joints, muscles, spine
- paresis of lower and upper limbs
- muscle contracture
- rheumatic diseases
- bone neuralgia
- ENT diseases
- gynecological diseases
Heat treatment: contraindications
- gastric ulcer
- circulatory failure
- inflammation of the peritoneum
Cold treatment: indications for cryotherapy
- conditions after injuries and overloads
- acute tissue inflammation
- edema after injuries
- rheumatoid arthritis
- pain conditions
- neuralgia of the peripheral nerves
- sciatica and brachial pain syndromes
- joint inflammatory stress reactions
- psoriatic arthritis
Cold treatment: contraindications
- hypersensitivity to cold
- diseases in which coldis a provoking factor, e.g. hemoglobinuria
- Raynaud's syndrome
- Sudecka band
- radiation skin changes
- inflammation of the renal pelvis